Clearpool entertainment complex was located just south of the
Memphis City Limits on Lamar Avenue from the 1940s to 1960s.
Included was a large circular swimming pool, a restaurant, a
ballroom, and other entertainment facilities. Built by
the Garavelli family, the complex was sold to Joe and Doris Pieraccini, who also owned the Rainbow Lake complex a few
miles west on Lamar.
Eagle's Nest was part of the Clearpool complex. It was a
nightclub located above the restaurant and the swimming pool's
changing room and catered to a country and western swing dance
crowd. Elvis Presley played some of his first paid shows
here and it was a regular gig for him, Scotty Moore, and Bill
Black through 1954. Elvis performed 16 times at the
Eagle's Nest in 1954. The club burned down in the late
1960s. Most recently the Clearpool complex corner
was occupied by The Americana Club